Friday, December 9, 2011

the real HER...

With sentiment, essence, and truth I've put great emphasis on the fact that "there is nothing like standing six feet tall in a pair of heels" throughout my blog! Being physically levitated is just one element of being able to wear shoes...

NO ONE will ever understand why shoes make me so happy!

It is not that I am caught up on the materialistic aspect of it all, but that I have the opportunity to be levitated physically, mentally, and emotionally just from wearing shoes... and SHE doesn't have that opportunity. Options ranging from flats to heels, plain to dramatic, different material, and colors; shoes come in all shapes and sizes based on ones preference, but not HER preference! It's the sentimental meaning behind the fact that I've been tormented for approximately sixteen years and maybe longer because SHE wasn't granted the opportunity to have options when it came to picking out and wearing the average shoe!



Reflecting isn't easy but the words that cut so deep, the blank stares, and the insensitive loud outbursts are the negative things that I've experienced because they didn't know the real HER. In elementary school the kids would point and laugh at HER causing me to cry endlessly in bathroom stalls. Thinking that high school would be different my ignorant peers would call her some of the most disturbing names causing my pain to turn to hurt and then to tears and eventually physical quarrels. They didn't understand why SHE walked with a limp and her shoes didn't visually look like anything they have ever seen! They weren't thinking when they called her crippled and unsympathetically imitated the way she walked.



But what they failed to realize is that she looked for no ones sympathy, and for as long as I can remember SHE has always been the same!

A different breed cut from some fancy cloth, her impeccable style justified why SHE has been flawlessly put together.

HER shoes may have been specially made, brown and dull, and attached to a leg brace but her amazing ensembles made up for her inability to have a choice in the shoes that she could wear!



Still to this day she says to me "if I were able to wear regular shoes all I would wear is six inch heels." For a long time I didn't understand because I ever questioned the real HER. There was nothing to question except this one thing that everyone but me seen as abnormal. Confused, astonished, curious, and angry all at the same time I would boggle my emotions deep inside as a child because I NEVER understood why something so cruel could happen  to HER of all people. Diagnosed with polio at the age of seven and left with the inability to use the muscles in her leg and partially her foot. HER shoes may not be the finest but she can walk, SHE can talk, and she is an amazing individual! SHE has always taught me to cherish the fact that I can wear a six inch heel, have shoe options, and most of all have a shoe that compliments the ensembles that I wear!



SHE is MY MOM and I ADMIRE AND LOVE HER for every LEVITATED STEP that SHE HAS TAKEN SINCE THE AGE OF SEVEN and over coming POLIO!

...at the end of the day I LOVE THE REAL HER :)




Stay Levitated Until next time!
Sincerely Yours, The Shoe Guru Javia Lavette



1 comment: